Each Manchester Triathlon Club member who wishes to compete in England Athletics (EA) affiliated running events for the Club is required to pay a small affiliation fee of £17.00 for annual registration with EA. This money goes straight to EA and Northern Athletics. There is also a £100 club affiliation fee paid separately from Club funds.
· The new affiliation year began on 1st April.
· Athletes registered in the previous affiliation year have until 30th June to renew their registration.
· Previously registered athletes who have not renewed their registration by 30th June will become ‘unregistered’ at that point.
Each member wishing to affiliate is asked to pay £17.85 to account for the commission we incur through this booking site.
Benefits of affiliating with EA through the Club:
* Give yourself the chance of securing a place in the London Marathon. Places are allocated to UK Athletic clubs based on the number of registered members. The more people who register the more places we will be offered (we were offered 1 place last year)
* Compete for the Club in the Manchester Area Cross Country League
* Avoid a £2/£3+ un-attached levy at affiliated races including Wilmslow Half Marathon, Stockport 10, 4 Villages Half, Salford 10k, to name just a few.